No one can deny the benefits vacuum cleaners have brought about to our life. They have become human’s great assistance in dealing with daily household chores. Today, finding a suitable cleaner is not that hard since we have lots of brands as well as models ranging in different price tags. Among all, Shark is one of the most leading brand in this market. It models are one of the best and most reliable vacuum cleaners that you can find in the market. Shark comes with different series, including Shark Rocket, Shark Navigator and Shark Rotator and so on. And, many models of these vacuum lines have motorized rotating cleaning head which is driven by a belt. Shark models are durable and reliable, but parts can wear or even break over time. Modern models are made to last, some earlier ones in the range did not have an automatic cut-off switch built into the cleaning head. As a result, the belt might break before the motor is switched off. If something gets stuck in the roller brush, it is highly likely that the belt will snap. If you are owning a Shark vacuum and wanting to replace a belt, you are on the right track. To be honest, changing a belt on Shark vacuum is not difficult. All you need is a few basic tools that everyone has at home. Today, I’ll show you how to replace belt on Shark vacuum.
What Do You Need Before Taking Action?
Fortunately, it won’t give you much of a headache. Taking the broken vacuum belt and adjusting the new one are a piece of cake. Before anything else, you should make sure that the vacuum cleaner user manual coming in handy. You can see more in-depth description of the product, as well as the belt itself. Here are some tools you need:
How To Replace Belt On Shark Vacuum
Step 1: Prepare the vacuum cleaner
You have to make sure you switched off and unplugged the vacuum from the electric outlets. Lock the vacuum in an upright position. Remove, empty and clean the dust cup. Lay the vacuum down horizontally on the floor so that you get the access to the brush roller unit.
Step 2: Remove the roller cover
Firstly, you remove the cover of the brush roll unit. You can use the appropriate screwdriver, flathead or Phillips, which will depend on the models. The exact locations of the screws vary from cleaners to cleaners, but, in generally, they are relatively easy to locate. In case you find it hard to lift the cover of roller up, don’t force it. Probably, it means that you have missed one of the retaining screws.
Another things is that beware of the fact that there might be electrical connections between the cover and the main body. If yours has one of these connections, unplug the connector carefully.
Step 3: Remove the roller
After removing the cover, you will see the roller assembly and the belt that drives it. If the belt has become worn, broken or lost some teeth, you need to remove the roller itself for further belt replacement.
Step 4: Clean the roller brush connected to the belt
Use the hair brush to clean the bristles. For any larger objects, you should use a pair of scissors or pliers, depending on the size. Make sure to get them out since they affect the belt performance. However, be careful not to rip off any of the bristles.
Step 5: Replace new belt
Slide the new one around the drive shaft of the vacuum cleaner and onto the seat. Also, position the belt onto the end of the roller by following the plastic guides for the belt. Once it is places in its position, press the side of the roller father from the belt.
Step 6: Reassemble the roller unit
Once you make sure the belt is in place, position the roller cover using the same screws.
If your vacuum cleaner fails to repair, You can refer to : Top 5 best selling vacuum cleaners
- Dust cup capacity 2.2 quarts; Lift away; Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard to reach areas
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology plus a HEPA filter; Traps 99.9 percent of dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Powerful and lightweight; Portable and versatile at 13.7 pounds
- Brush roll shutoff; Deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning
- Hard floor hero attachment not included
- Powered Lift-Away: extended reach for stairs and more
- Shark's original full-sized powered lift-away. The canister detaches to deep-clean hard-to-reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brushroll spinning
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology and a HEPA filter trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- XL capacity with full-size performance
- Fingertip controls allow you to easily switch from hard floor to carpet mode
- Dust cup capacity 1.3 quarts. Powerful upright vacuum with lift away pod for convenient cleaning of stairs and above floor areas
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology, HEPA
- Rotator technology enhanced swivel steering and better deep carpet cleaning
- Lightweight & ultra quiet operation. Hose length (feet): 8.4
- Premium pet tools and ergo cleaning accessories
- Dust cup capacity 2. 8 quarts; The vacuum that deep cleans now cleans itself; The zero m self cleaning brush roll delivers nonstop hair removal
- Powerful upright vacuum suction to pick up embedded debris, stubborn pet hair, and more
- Lightweight design allows for easy maneuverability and portability
- 3XL capacity for long cleaning sessions with fewer interruptions to empty the dust cup
- Anti allergen complete seal technology and a hepa filter trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum cleaner
- Shark's most innovative ultra light corded stick vacuum features shark duo clean and zero M technologies
- Duo clean technology is a dual brush roll system designed to deep clean carpets and directly engage floors
- The vacuum that deep cleans now cleans itself; The zero m self cleaning brush roll delivers non stop hair removal.Do not place filters in the dishwasher or washing machine. Pull out the post-motor filter.
- Provides ultra powerful pet hair pickup on floors, carpets, and above floor areas like stairs and furniture
- This stick vacuum cleaner transforms into a lightweight, portable handheld vacuum to take your cleaning above the floor; On furniture, stairs, and more