Welcome back to my comparison series irobot vacuum cleaner : Roomba 614 VS 650. Please leave your comments, after reading the comparison and reviews
These basic models is appealing due to their affordable price and impressive performance. It used to be a phenomenon for a long time after release. There are thousands of positive review about it on the Internet. Till today, Roomba 650 remains as one of the most successful smart floor cleaner all the time. Moreover, it is always in the list of best-selling devices with the highest ratings on Amazon.
After all of the features justify a hefty amount of money( around $900 for the Roomba 900s) iRobot goes back to the basics, reels back the price and gives customers an upgrade version of the 600 series. Lots of people consider Roomba 614 as an alternative of the 650 product simply because they can save some money but still own a similar machine if not better.
Roomba 614 vs 650: Comparison And Review
This is my third review of Roomba 650 (the first two ones is between Roomba 761 vs 650 and Roomba 770 vs 650). Let’s find out the reasons why these two can take the top spot among various models and how they differ to choose a better one for your needs.
- 3-Stage cleaning system loosens, lifts, and suctions dirt, dust, and hair from hard floors and carpet.
- Dual Multi Surface Brushes work together to grab dust, dirt, and large debris; The Auto Adjust cleaning head automatically adapts its height to effectively clean both carpets and hard floors
- Patented Dirt Detect sensors alert Roomba to work harder on concentrated areas of dirt, such as high traffic zones of your home
- Full suite of sensors intelligently navigate the robot under and around objects and under furniture to help thoroughly clean your floors
- Edge Sweeping Brush is specially designed at a 27 degree angle to sweep debris away from edges and corners
- iAdapt Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home
- 3 Stage Cleaning System agitates, brushes and suctions floors
- Conveniently schedule up to 7x per week, or just press CLEAN on the robot
- Automatically docks and recharges; At just 3.6 inch tall, Roomba has been specifically designed to fit under most furniture and kickboards so dirt has no place to hide
- Automatically adjusts to all floor types of carpet, tile, hardwood, laminate and more
Last update on 2020-04-06 PST - Details
Nowadays, modern customers tend to find a unit that looks attractive and good-looking. Therefore, the machines which have appealing appearance attract people’s attention as quick as they see it before they dig deeper into the technology. Speaking of appearance design, Roomba 614 and 650 are nearly identical. They have typical round shape like any traditional Roombas. Black is the main color of Roomba 614 vs 650, with a yellowish inner circle on the body. Whereas, there is a different point when you look at the buttons on surface. Roomba 650 features more buttons on top of it in comparison with Roomba 614.
The dimensions of Roomba 614 is 17 x 18 x 5 inches and the machine weighs 11.5 pounds. Meanwhile, although Roomba 650 is as lightweight as Roomba 614, it seems a bit smaller with dimensions of 13.4 x 3.6 x 13.4 inches. They are both considered as lightweight devices so you won’t have any problems carrying it to another position in the room.
The Cleaning Performance
This part is the most crucial because if Roomba 614 vs 650 don’t meet acceptable requirements, you should think about alternatives. Before starting, bear in mind that both of them are not high-end products but it doesn’t mean they are cheap or undesirable. They are a wise choice for those who care for convenience.
The Features :
The Difference :
Like I mentioned many times above, Roomba 614 vs 650 come with a very reasonable prices, around $400. Especially, you can find a better price on Roomba 614.
If you like one of them, please click the following Amazon buttons to buy:
Roomba 614 receives 5 stars from 63% of customers on Amazon. Lots of people was shocked at the new technologies in an older design with such a lovable price.Although it was not perfect, people agreed it did a decent job. Nevertheless, they were still upset with the lack of schedule function.
Roomba 650 is rated 4.4 out of 5 stars-that’s pretty impressive. Up to 70% of the customers voted 5 stars for this piece of equipment. They left comments for praising how well the 650 fought against fur and how clean the floors were after they return from work. However, there’s a major flaw: its small dustbin.
Both are good but I will recommend you to go with Roomba 650. Firstly, the scheduling feature is really practical whenever you’re away from home for several days or busy with other work. Secondly, the virtual wall is something else that is really handy in protecting the machine.
Now, it’s time for you to share some light. Which one do you prefer?