Roomba 805 vs 880, which one should I have to choose? This is one of the several questions of the users when they decide to choose vacuum cleaner. This article will help you compare between iRobot Roomba 805 vs 880 in generally and in particularly. Let’s take a look through all reviews below to have fuller insights.
Follow the previous comparison and review between Roomba 805 vs 860, another amazing pair of robot vacuum cleaners popped in my head: Roomba 805 vs 880. From robot vacuum line, these machines are perfect for those who want homes to be vacuumed but don’t want to the vacuuming themselves. Why? Because it is automatically operated according to a set schedule and program. iRobot is indeed a familiar face to many people. It is well-known and one of the leading companies manufacturing robot cleaners on the market. Hence, you can trust on the quality and professionalism. I know brand name plays a vital role in purchasing process, so it’s a wise choice if you buy products from reliable companies.
Roomba 805 vs 880 belong to 800s series. While Roomba 805 is in the early stage, Roomba 880 is the later generation. Therefore, the latter definitely possesses more advanced technologies and iRobot has fixed problems existing in previous models. Undoubtedly, Roomba 880 cost a little higher than Roomba 805, which is understandable if you continue to read until the end. However, each vacuum has its own feel and position on the field. They are often come high on the best-seller list thanks to its convenience and efficiency in cleaning job.
Kindly remind you that I also have a considerable number of Shark vacuum reviews. In my opinion, Roomba lines are for those who would like to enjoy the advancement and make sure that you make the best out of it. Otherwise, it’s really a waste of money.
Roomba 805 vs 880: Comparison And Review
Roomba 805 vs 880 extremely look alike. They do resemble each other in many aspects, such as appearance and basic features. However, the difference still exists to distinguish Roomba 805 vs 880. The 880 can’t be more expensive than the 805 for nothing. Let’s wait and see.
- -iAdapt Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home -AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System delivers up to 50% more cleaning performance
- -Tangle-free extractors help prevent hair and debris clogs -AeroForce High-Efficiency Filter captures up to 99% of allergens, pollen, and particles as small as 10 microns
- -Conveniently schedule up to 7x per week, or just press CLEAN on the robot -Automatically docks and recharges
- -Avoids stairs and other drop-offs -Automatically adjusts to all floor types - carpet, tile, hardwood, laminate & more -Two Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barriers manage where your robot cleans
- -Lithium Ion Battery delivers up to 3x the battery cycle lifetime -3.6" low profile cleans under furniture, beds and kickboards
- iAdapt Multi Room Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home
- Room to room cleaning in up to 3 rooms with the included Virtual Wall Lighthouse beacons
- AeroForce 3 Stage Cleaning System delivers up to 50 percent more cleaning performance
- Tangle free extractors help prevent hair and debris clogs
- AeroForce High Efficiency Filter traps fine dirt and dust
Last update on 2020-06-06 PST - Details
|Package Dimensions||18.2 x 16.5 x 5.5 inches||13.9 x 13.9 x 3.6 inches|
|Weight||8.4 pounds||8.4 pounds|
|Entire Level Cleaning||✓||✓|
|Tangle-Free Debris Extractors||✓||✓|
|3-Stage Cleaning System||✓||✓|
|AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System||5x the air power||5x the air power|
|Customer Reviews||3.8 out of 5 stars||4.3 out of 5 stars|
You can see that design and setting programs of iRobot Roomba 805 vs 880 are quiet similar, they are given by iRobot brand. In particularly, both of them made significant changes to meet the customers’ demand. Two both irobots could adapt multi-room navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home. Aside from that, they have Aero Force 3-Stage Cleaning System, convenient scheduling, tangle-free extractors and Lithium Ion Battery.
In more detail information, these vacuum cleaners are technically impressive, when Aero Force 3-stage cleaning system is designed for both Roomba 805 and 880, which allows iRobots to remove dust, dirt and debris completely and even the edges. Surprisingly, with such a great technical innovation like that, it accounts for more than 50% cleaning performance.
What is more, the tangle-free extractors are enhanced significantly to prevent debris and pet hair from getting clogged. Therefore, Roomba 805 vs 880 could handle successfully with pet hair. Another considerable benefit from both smart machines is Lithium Ion technology which prolongs the battery life twice.
Regarding to the price, both of them are expensive robotic vacuum cleaners. However, they are good in cleaning capabilities. So, it is really suitable for high and extremely high-income families.
Both of them are designed like all traditional Roombas, or in other words, they’re in round shape and pretty sleek. Both of them are available in black color which is fine for me because I love black and it does give me strong vibe. There is a greenish clean button (to turn on/off) in the middle of the machines. The organization of function buttons is the same too. While iRobot make those buttons black in Roomba 805 version, Roomba 880 has silver ones which, in my opinion, look more appealing.
Programs and settings
Generally, IRobot Roomba 805 vs 880 are multi-function vacuum cleaner.
|3-Stage Cleaning System||3-Stage Cleaning System|
|iAdapt Navigation||iAdapt Responsive Navigation|
|Lithium Ion Battery||Lithium Ion technology|
|Two Dual Mode Virtual Wall||
Automatically docks and recharges
When it comes to robotic vacuums, weight is not a big deal as the machine can operate on its own. Yet, the machine mustn’t be too heavy for you to carry it around. Roomba 805 vs 880 are considered as lightweight robotic vacuum cleaners, with 8.4 pounds. Despite having the same weight, Roomba 880 is smaller than Roomba 805 in size, 13.9×13.9×3.6 inches and 18.2×16.5×5.5 inches, respectively. Therefore, Roomba 880 will be more flexible going under furniture or reach corners.
The Cleaning Performance
This is the most concerned criteria when it comes to vacuum cleaners. There are many things which will come to customers’ mind before they purchase a product. For example, they may wonder whether it works well on their floor or not; what features it has to be worth that price, etc. Well, here is the answer for you.
The Features :
- Roomba 805 and 880 are equipped with the revolutionary AreoForce Performance Cleaning System which uses a combination of agitation, brushing and suction. As a result, the machines are able to remove up to 50% more dirt, dust and hair from various types of floor. This technology also requires less maintenance.
- Like traditional iRobot lines, these two are known to be fond of using its patented iAdapt Navigation system. This system uses a range of sensors to map out your house and prevent the vacuum from hitting obstacles. It is well-known for its precision and accuracy that guarantees perfect cleanup jobs. In short, it assists them in navigating and adapting to the changing workplace.
- The tangle-free AeroForce Extractors utilizes dual counter-rotating extractors incorporating a durable rubber tread design which grabs and breaks down dirt and debris. This system gets rid of brushes and helps increase suction and airflow on any surface. It is useful in removing tangled hair while the brushless design is virtually maintenance–free.
- Roomba 805 vs 880 are popular for picking up dust, debris ad pet hair. Yet, the air power of Roomba 880 is greater than Roomba 805, so it is more efficient. In addition, while Roomba 805 is equipped with a regular filters, Roomba 880 comes with HEPA filtration system. It is advanced filters which can capture the tiny particles and allergens and benefits allergy suffers. What’s more, HEPA filters traps those harmful particles inside and return fresh air for your house.
The Difference :
- While Roomba 805 uses lithium ion battery, the 880 comes with X life high power battery. As many of you may know, lithium battery gives big advantages to the machines, including longer battery life, quicker charging times and low self-discharge. With the X life high power battery, you can have a more powerful cleaner. It doubles the life of your iRobot’s battery and delivers twice as many cleaning cycles as the iRobot advanced power system battery.
- One more special thing about Roomba 880 is that it comes with a remote control. It means you can lie on the couch or bed and start the machine without getting up.
Both of them come from robotic line, so you can expect they will be a fair little expensive. Roomba 880 with more advanced technologies costs more than the Roomba 805 but both of them are suitable for mid/high-income families.
If you like one of them, please click the following Amazon buttons to buy:
On Amazon, Roomba 805 receives pretty good feedbacks. Most of its customers were happy with the cleaning performance. They were also impressed at how well it works on hard floor. However, there comes a complaint: the area to hold dirt and dust is kind of small.
Likewise, Roomba 880 receives 4.2 out of 5 stars overall. They praised it as a fantastic vacuum cleaner for reducing allergies and an excellent performer. Whenever it went, there was no dust and debris left behind. People called it an awesome player in almost all aspects. However, its small dust bin is most complained.
# Videos 1 : Roomba 805 Reviews – Best Seller 2018. Check On Amazon
#2 Videos : Roomba 880 Reviews – Best Seller 2018 .Check on Amazon
Well, iRobot’s vacuum cleaners will never disappoint me at cleaning capabilities. They are pricey but high quality products. Speaking of quality, Roomba 880 is obviously better and delivers more impressive performance.If you are interested in robotic vacuum but have a tight budget, you should go for Roomba 805.
The Roomba 805 is much less expensive than the 880 but you’ll get what you pay for. Besides, these two machines are the same in settings and programs, so you should take consideration into its appearance design and affordability in the price before you make decide whether to buy or not.
With these criteria mentioned above, you can choose a suitable vacuum cleaner for your family. Especially if your family has pet, two Roombas are the perfect choices because of its powerful suction and filtration, which allow cleaning pet hair.
Moreover, there are also different versions of vacuum cleaner in the market that you can consult after this article.
I will end my review here and if you have experience in operating Roombas, feel free to leave lovely comments below. Thanks!