If you’re my ordinary visitors, you must know that I’m a big fan of iRobot’s Roombas. Whenever a Roomba hit the market, it becomes a hot topic. Each machine is special in its own way. Actually, this is my fifth review of this smart vacuum cleaner line. I’ve introduced to you Roomba 761 vs 650, Roomba 770 vs 650, Roomba 805 vs 860 and Roomba 805 vs 880. Yet, if you don’t have any feeling for these models, you’re in the right place right now. Let me begin with this: you can’t really go wrong with choosing the Roomba 980 vs 880. From the moment they were released, Roomba 980 vs 880 have become a phenomenon. With these two, iRobot meets its commitment to improving their product line that helps maintain their reputation as one of the best robotic vacuum manufacturers in the market, if not the best. In fact, iRobot has created a game-changing shift in vacuum cleaner market. Roomba 980 vs 880 are two of the best-rated and best-selling smart floor cleaners on the market.
So, many people may be wondering right now that what the major differences between Roomba 980 vs 880 are. They are excellent but of course, Roomba 980 will have improvements on Roomba 880’s base. Also, price difference is another point to consider.
Let’s have a closer look at what these amazing piece of equipment have offered.
Roomba 980 vs 880: Comparison And Review
Although Roomba 980 vs 880 have been the most powerful machines in the Roomba line so far, still they may not be able to fulfill your needs as they (robotic vacuums in general) depend on a battery pack instead of main power source. If that’s all you’re care about, you should avoid wasting time and go back to find alternatives from Shark, Bissell or Dyson brand.
So, for those who are interested, let’s see the similarities and differences between Roomba 980 and 880 :
- Ideal for homes with pets. Premium 3 stage Cleaning System cleans the dirt and pet hair you see and the allergens and dust you don't
- Featuring Roomba Essentials Wi Fi connected, Smart Navigation, Patented Dirt Detect Technology, Edge Sweeping Brush, Auto Adjust Cleaning Head, Works on Carpets and Hard Floors
- Power Lifting Suction delivers 10X the air power* for improved pick up performance. Automatically increases cleaning performance on carpets with Power Boost *(Compared to Roomba 600 Series and AeroVac System)
- Patented iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with vSLAM technology allows the robot to map its surroundings to clean an entire level of your home, around objects, and under furniture
- Dual Multi Surface Rubber Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors
- iAdapt Multi-Room Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home
- Room to room cleaning in up to 3 rooms with the included Virtual Wall Lighthouse beacons
- AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System delivers up to 50% more cleaning performance
- Tangle-free extractors help prevent hair and debris clogs
- AeroForce High-Efficiency Filter traps fine dirt and dust
Last update on 2019-09-18 PST - Details
The most noticeable things about Roomba 980 and 880 are they have the same round design. However, the surface is different. Roomba 880 retains the same layout as the previous 700 series models with a different color pattern, a combination of dark gray and black. Then, a greenish “CLEAN” button is in the middle and four buttons below are dock, clock, schedule and spot clean. In case of Roomba 980, the color is different. It seems that iRobot change a bit towards brown as its main color as well as back and gray. Roomba 980 looks shiny and attract more attention, I believe. The button system is reduced to three, namely spot, clean and dock. Roomba’s design is simplified because the rest of the functions can be assessed through an iRobot app.
The dimensions are quite similar too. Roomba 880 weighs about 8.4 pounds and has a width of 13.9 inches and a height of 3.6 inches. Meanwhile, Roomba 980 share similar characteristics, including 8.7-pound weight, 13.8 inches in diameter and 3.6 inches in height. The units can reach difficult positions and smoothly crawl on your floor.
The Cleaning Performance
The most crucial part of all vacuum cleaner reviews. Whether they’re worth your money or not. Here’s the answer.
The Features :
The Difference :
You can guess the high price of these piece of equipment. It’s understandable as both of them are designed with latest technologies which pioneer in vacuum cleaner market. Roomba 980 is much more expensive than the 880 model. I believe this is one of the most difficult decision to make because of the wide price difference.
If you like one of them, please click the following Amazon buttons to buy:
Roomba 880 receives 4.2 out of 5 stars overall. They praised it as a fantastic vacuum cleaner for reducing allergies and an excellent performer. Whenever it went, there was no dust and debris left behind. People called it an awesome player in almost all aspects.
Every owners were happy with their purchases. Roomba 980 won their heart by showing a fantastic job on removing pet hair and allergens. They were 100% satisfied with the quality and price. Nevertheless, it seems that someone found a fault on dark hardwood floors.
Either Roomba 980 or 880 is fine to me. Both of them are wonderful and I’m totally satisfied and happy. To make it easier, if you want to save an amount of money or prefer using remote control, then you should choose Roomba 880. Otherwise, Roomba 980 will cost you a bit higher but all the cutting-edge technologies have got its back. Instead of remote control, Roomba 980 connects with Wi-Fi for convenient usage.
That’s enough for these two masterpieces. If you want to share something, leave comments bellow.