Shark and its endless collection always amaze me. However, because of this diversity, modern customers may get confused while trying to find a perfect one for their house. Shark offers a wide range of products and most of them are affordable for low- and middle-income families. Among several Shark vacuum lines, Shark Navigator is probably the most popular series as it comes with excellent performances and reasonable prices. In this post, I will show you the hidden things behind another couple from this series: Shark NV26 vs NV42.
In fact, Shark Navigator Deluxe is a series of the best-selling, Many people give high rate for Shark Navigator Lift-away with just a few differences above. That is the reason I choose these two amazing vacuums to compare, Shark NV26 vs NV42. The NV26 is the short name of Shark Navigator Swivel, while the NV42 comes with full name as Shark Navigator Deluxe Upright Vacuum. In case you’d like to have more choices, read this article carefully to gain more knowledge.
Shark NV26 vs NV42: Comparison and Review
The Deluxe may be a great option for people who are interested in different colors of the Navigator. Although both of them belong to the same vacuum line, they are designed with a few differences that make them stand-out on its own. The comparison will go through 5 different categories, including design, portability, cleaning capabilities, accessories and price. I want to make sure that you all have a thorough look to all the aspects of those machines. Check it out!
Shark NV26 and NV42 have an extremely similar look with the difference lying in the colors. The NV26 comes with red, purple and green color. Meanwhile, the NV46 is a combination of gold, purple and silver color. They are great with upright mode design which makes you work freely while cleaning. From statistical figures from Shark, the NV26 is larger than the other with dimensions 11.7 x 11.4 x 44.6 inches and 11.4 x 11.8 x 45.5 inches respectively. However, their appearance, in my opinion, is a bit inferior to many current products of Shark.
All Shark machines are designed with great portability. And, these two are no exception. Although they look a bit bulky, they have excellent maneuverability. Between these two models, we can realize that the NV26 is equipped with Swivel Steering technology which not in NV42. Hence, in terms of maneuverability, the NV26 will be superior to the other. In addition, they have similar weight, around 15-16 pounds. They are still easy to bring and carry to moving around, right?
The Cleaning Performance
First and foremost, Shark NV26 vs NV42 are out of high-end products, so it’s understandable that they come with flaws. However, price is must-consideration factor when it comes to assessing these machines. In short, they show satisfying performance with reasonable price (according to feedbacks from customers). Hence, if you have a tight budget, Shark NV26 and NV42 may be a wise choice.
- It’s worth mentioning again. Only the NV26 comes with Swivel Steering technology which you can find in many modern models of Shark. This technology is a great assistance in moving the machine around without damaging the furniture in its way.
- Both Shark NV26 and NV42 use Never Loses Suction technology which is one of the patent of Shark. It guarantees that the machines can operate through clean-up job without interruption. And, the air flow remains strong for years.
- Another similar point between Shark NV26 vs NV42 is that both machines allows you to turn on/off the brush roll. You can turn it off if you’re vacuuming hardwood or other bare floors so that those surfaces get stable by the brush. And, with the brush roll on, you can easily pick up kitty litter, find sand and other particles even in high pile carpet.
- They are lack of HEPA filters, yet Shark NV26 vs NV42 use washable filters so that you can either put them on the top rack of the dishwasher or just wash them by hand. After they are dry, you can put them back in and they are ready to operate.
- With the clear dust container, it’s easy to see when it needs to be emptied.
- Between these two, only the NV26 comes with pet power brush. This tool is effective at removing animal fur or hair from rugs, couches, curtains, chairs or anywhere else which are your pet’s favorite sleep-spot.
Shark NV26 and NV42 are priced reasonably. They may be a perfect choice for low- or middle-income families. Check them out in Amazon for better deals.
The NV26 is rated 4.2 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Customers praised it for showing awesome performance on carpets. In addition, it seemed that they were impressed by the zero-loss suction. The reasonable price is very great for people who find a vacuum with shortage of finance. Nevertheless, pet power brush make many users love for effectively remove animal fur and hair. However, people still complained about its short hose.
As an outstanding vacuum, Shark NV42 receives many positive feedbacks from its users on Amazon. It reaches 4.3 out of 5 stars with nearly 70% customers who give it 5 stars. Many people rate it as a perfect vacuum cleaner which is greater than other kinds. Moreover, this model makes many people clean their house more regularly that they have never done before. However, Shark NV42 tends to tip over when using the attachments that make some users not satisfied.
All in all, Shark NV26 vs NV42 show acceptable results. If you need a HEPA system, then they are not a wise choice. However, if you look for a satisfying performer with low prices, they are definitely worth your investment. Let’s read other articles like “Shark NV42 vs NV22”… I wish you will get the right vacuum cleaner for your house soon.