Continue with the NV80 series, I am here today to introduce another amazing pair from Shark Navigator, one of the most famous and successful vacuum line. Also, most of the Navigator models are best-sellers. Does it give you high expectation already?
Shark is one of the leading brand in the market. It is considered as a matching rival of Dyson. Its models are diverse and user-friendly with convenient features. People usually have a thought of buying expensive products because they think they are better than the cheap ones. Well, it’s right but not always. To me, the best cleaner for me is the one that I can make use the most of. Many high-end products are equipped with advanced technologies, yet a lot of people can use all of them and it is such a waste. Therefore, I highly recommend you to purchase ones whose performance is acceptable and reasonable priced.
If you are considering more options, here are other related articles: Shark NV80 vs NV356E, Shark NV80 vs NV400, Shark NV70 vs NV80 and Shark NV42 vs NV80. About the NV355, we have Shark NV355 vs NV356E and Shark NV351 vs NV355.
Shark NV80 vs NV355: Comparison and Review
They are Shark Navigator Professional NV80 and Shark Navigator Professional Lift-away NV355. They both come from the same vacuum line. Shark Navigator vacuums are lightweight, equipped with swivel steering for easy maneuverability and in fact, receives thousands of positive reviews on the Internet. Because they belong to the same vacuum line, so you can expect Shark NV80 vs NV355 share many things in common. However, let’s see which one will fit in your needs and budget. Read the following information carefully to have thorough insights.
- Anti allergen complete seal technology a hepa filter; Traps 99.9 percent of dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Extra large capacity, easy to empty dust cup; Extended cleaning without interruption
- Powerful and lightweight; Portable and versatile at only 15.2 pounds
- Swivel steering; Excellent control for maneuvering around furniture; The XL capacity, easy to empty dust cup provides extended cleaning without interruption
- Brushroll shutoff; Deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning; The power cord is 25 feet long
- Never Loses Suction technology ensures that you don't experience plugs or clogs
- Lightweight, extra-large capacity portable canister can handle large messes effortlessly
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology + HEPA helps to reduce airborne allergens for a cleaner home
- Dust-Away bare floor attachment comes with 1 microfiber pad for more thorough cleaning Swivel steering: easy to maneuver into tight spaces and crevices
- Keep your home clean with the Shark Professional upright vacuum HEPA filtration helps to improve overall indoor air quality Handheld portion makes cleaning stairs and other graded surfaces simple
Last update on 2020-01-20 PST - Details
The most notable thing is that Shark NV80 vs NV355 are upright vacuums. It means you can have all the benefits which an upright vacuum offers. For example, it is efficient for cleaning carpets and rugs or with long hose, you don’t need to bend your back, and more. Shark NV80 and NV355 come with different colors, gold/silver and white respectively. Also, the dust bin capacity is large, which will surely benefit you as you don’t have to empty it many times.
With the weight of a bit over 15 pounds, Shark NV80 is much lighter than the NV355 which weighs about 20 pounds. However, luckily, both machines feature swivel steering and soft rubber wheels which make it very maneuverable around obstacles and overcomes the furniture without causing any damage. In order to clean tricky areas, vacuum cleaner swivels back and down, enabling its cleaning head to move and easily clean under the furniture. In addition, Shark NV80 and NV355 both have a 30-ft cord long which is generous enough for you to go multiple rooms without having to plug or unplug many times.
The Cleaning Performance
This is always the most important and curious factor when it comes to vacuum cleaner. If it doesn’t meet your basic requirements, it’s time to consider an alternative. Shark NV80 and NV355 feature some similar technologies.
Shark NV80 comes with a 5.5” crevice tool, a dusting brush, a wide upholstery tool and a 16” extension tube.
Shark NV355: an 8” crevice tool, turbo brush, a microfiber pad, hard floor hero, wide upholstery tool and dusting brush.
Check them out on Amazon in order to receive good deals. Both of them have very reasonable price under $200.
Shark NV80 is rated 4.2 out 5. It totally was praised for its performance with great suction power. Also, most of them gave it 5 stars and called it the best product they have ever had. Despite of those compliments, many people didn’t happy with the performance on carpeted stairs.
Shark NV355 receives positive feedbacks from customers on Amazon. They were content with its performance on deep cleaning and agreed that it were worth every penny. Also, people were surprised at its extra suction power. Nevertheless, some customers complained about its heavy top which tipped easily.
The Final Thought
Shark NV80 and NV355 are the pretty old model from Shark. It has developed an assortment of vacuum cleaners with more advanced technologies. Yet, these two remained unbothered as they deliver satisfying and powerful performance at reasonable and affordable prices.