Here is another pair from Shark NV800s series. Shark NV800 and NV801 are close siblings which share many things in common. Both of them belong to Shark Navigator which is one of the best-sellers of Shark and in the market. All the models in this series are equipped with advanced technologies with smart features yet at very reasonable prices. These are the reasons why Shark Navigator is famous and pocket-friendly to most customers. The current NV900s as the most advanced Shark vacuums at the moment. However, when you take the overall performance into account, Shark NV800 vs NV801 are not different from the NV900s.
Shark NV800 vs NV801: Comparison and Review
The Shark is really abreast with the constant technical improvements through its innovative products. Shark makes a new version of the brush roll as its previous Rotator models in the NV800s. When releasing Shark NV800, they extremely notice how to advertise for every customer on the world. They focus on promoting this model through TV commercials and other media ways. Moreover, to advertise gets effective, this brand display it in various chain stores to help people see clearly. After that, this item comes with the name as Shark Ninja DuoClean Powered Lift-away upright vacuum or Shark NV800. It is a outstanding part from “Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-away Speed” family with high praise.
If you see all member of this line, you will find them a bit similar to each other with some common features. Except the difference in color, it has many similar things in the externals that make you confused much. Nevertheless, Shark equips many useful attachment for them such as DuoClean brushes, LED light and HEPA filter. Of course, they still have their own pros and cons to make themselves bright and different when compares to others. Therefore, this post’s today aims to show this issue in details for everyone. you take note the main thing for yourself if you like.
- Dust cup capacity - 0.9 quarts. Duo Clean Technology features a bristle brush to deep clean carpets, and an additional soft brush roll to pull in larger particles and directly engage floors for a polished look.
- With the touch of a button, Powered Lift-Away Technology allows you to lift the canister away and deep clean hard-to-reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brush roll spinning.
- Features Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter to trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- Fingertip controls allow for easy powering on/off and quick transition between hard floor and carpet mode.
- Powerful LED headlights on the nozzle allow you to spot hidden debris throughout your home.
- Duo clean technology dual brush rolls pick up Fine dust & large debris on floors & carpets at the same time
- Triple particle cleaning pulls in large, small & stuck on particles from both carpets and floors
- With the touch of a button, remove the canister to convert to powered Lift Away mode. Extend your cleaning range below furniture, in corners, on upholstery and drapes, and more
- Anti Allergen complete seal technology + a HEPA filter. Traps 99.99Percent of dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Great for pet owners pet multi tool remove pet hair from stairs, furniture & more
Last update on 2020-06-06 PST - Details
Basically, the Shark NV800 and NV801 have some similarities on appearance so you have difficulty in differentiate them. yet the NV800 comes with blue while the NV801 has Bordeaux. It is funny that Shark NV801 is much taller than the NV800, 46.1 and 32.7 inches. The height of it also affects to the lever of its convenience. The reason why is that everyone doesn’t have to bend much to good for your back. In addition, the illumination of their LED lights on nozzle lights to areas is specially. You clean these areas which desperately need your cleaning attention more easily than no lights in them. Lastly, Lift-away technology which a very famous feature of Shark doesn’t make you disappointed. For that, you bring it around and even up and down stairs so easily, not time-consuming and energy saving.
Shark NV801 is much lighter than the NV800, 15 and 21.4 pounds. In addition, except Lift-away technology, Shark NV800 vs NV801 are equipped with swivel steering feature. This technology makes them highly maneuverable than that of other products. Besides, on their body, their nozzle heads are equally a bit narrow and low-profile unlike other vacuum cleaners. Form that, it allows users to reach tight places and hard-to-reach areas such as under low-profile furniture.
Moreover, the added wheels of both Shark NV800 vs NV801 aim to lessen the weight. This function makes the machines flexible for people to push them around easier. Especially, as I mentioned a bit above, taking their lift-away mode into account to dig deeply into understand them. This feature comes in handy for their enhanced portability that so many users approve. They permit you to lift the canister away as well as deep clean hard-to-reach areas. It works in harmony with delivering power to keep the brushroll spinning.
The Cleaning Performance
Shark NV800 and NV801 both belong to the NV800s series, which is pretty new and advanced to meet the user orders. Through 2 sections above,of course, they are a bit different that you should notice more when choosing these options. The NV800 has some features which the NV801 doesn’t and vice versa. Yet, let’s dig deeply into the detail for knowing their pros and cons, then going to make the conclusion.
- Never Loses Suction technology will never makes you disappointed. Fortunately, both Shark NV800 vs NV801 are equipped with Shark’s well-known technology. It guarantees that the machine continually create strong suction over an extended length of time. Therefore, these machines won’t have abrupt loss of air flow like many other products. You don’t have to worry about this problem because it has no chance to occur.
- Moreover, LED headlights on the floor nozzle on them will let you to spot hidden dust in dark areas. Of course, there is no dirt left behind when and after you clean.
- Another similarity is that they both come with the combination of HEPA filtration system and the Anti-Allergen Complete Seal technology. It will easier to remove fine dust and allergens thanks to this combination. As statistics, many people are amazed at its ability to get rid of up to 99.97% the bad particles. Nevertheless, they are great for people who suffer allergy symptom or want to have the fresh air in their house.
- Both Shark NV800 vs NV801 feature 3-in-1 lift-away function that is different than other machines. Upright, lift-away or canister cleaner with comes with them when you use. In the upright mode, it features with the two spinning brushrolls on the nozzle head, the suck-up-large debris soft roller as well as the pick-up-find dust soft one. In second mode, you just need to press Lift-away release button to detach the canister section from the vacuum. This mission aims to clean stairs, upholstery, drapes in your house. Canister mode let the cleaner clean floors as well as elevated surfaces.
- Shark NV800 vs NV801 are going with DuoClean technology with two different brushrolls, soft and stiff ones. These spinning brushes will work in harmony to collect fine and tough dirt at the same time.
- Also, they come with fingertip controls that is great for easy powering on/off and quick transition between hard floor and carpet mode.
They both cost around $200 thanks to some advanced technologies they own. There is, of course, a small gap between Shark NV800 and NV801 but it is not considerable for caring.
The NV800 receives many 5-stars of users on the Internet. It performance is great enough to make people satisfied so that they leave many good comments. It is able to go under the bed and furniture, especially high and hard-to-reach as well as dark areas. Shark NV800 is worth receiving high rate and positive feedbacks like this. However, it comes with short cord that is a pity.
Shark NV801 reaches up to 85% of customers who rate 5 stars on Amazon. It performs well on hard surface floors meanwhile many users own this kinds of floor. Therefore, they are very satisfied with Shark NV801. Moreover, some say that the NV801 was better than Dyson products although they are in the same price range. However, most of people are disappointed with its heavy top which is quite difficult to hold and bring.
Like their other siblings, both Shark NV800 and NV801 solve multiple tasks with high rate from users. As you see this post, both are almost the same when it comes to technical features and functions. Just a few different details present on them that is no distance. Yet, I think it will more convenient if you choose the taller and lighter one.