Here is another pair from Shark NV800s series. Shark NV800 vs NV801 are close siblings which share many things in common. Both of them belong to Shark Navigator which is one of the best-sellers of Shark and in the market. All the models in this series are equipped with advanced technologies with smart features yet at very reasonable prices. These are the reasons why Shark Navigator is famous and pocket-friendly to most customers.
The current NV900s models are seen as the most advanced Shark vacuums at the moment. However, when you take the overall performance into account, Shark NV800 vs NV801 are not different from the NV900s.
Shark NV800 vs NV801: Comparison And Review
The Shark has continually proved it is abreast with the constant technical improvements through its line of innovative products. Shark reinvents the brush roll of its previous Rotator models and you can see it in the NV800s. When Shark first released the NV800 model, they not only promoted the vacuum through TV infomercials, but also it is presented in various chain stores. The name of the NV801 is Shark Ninja DuoClean Powered Lift-away upright vacuum. Meanwhile, the NV800 is a member of the “Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-away Speed” family. Models in the 800s are really similar. While the numbers and colors might be different, the internals of these models are most likely the same. In general, they all have the DuoClean brushes, LED lights and HEPA filters. However, although they come from the same vacuum line, each has its own pros and cons.
Today, we shall have a look at both of them in details. Those who interest in Shark NV800 vs NV801 should take note.
- Dust cup capacity - 0.9 quarts. Duo Clean Technology features a bristle brush to deep clean carpets, and an additional soft brush roll to pull in larger particles and directly engage floors for a polished look.
- With the touch of a button, Powered Lift-Away Technology allows you to lift the canister away and deep clean hard-to-reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brush roll spinning.
- Features Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter to trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- Fingertip controls allow for easy powering on/off and quick transition between hard floor and carpet mode.
- Powerful LED headlights on the nozzle allow you to spot hidden debris throughout your home.
- Duo clean technology dual brush rolls pick up Fine dust & large debris on floors & carpets at the same time
- Triple particle cleaning pulls in large, small & stuck on particles from both carpets and floors
- With the touch of a button, remove the canister to convert to powered Lift Away mode. Extend your cleaning range below furniture, in corners, on upholstery and drapes, and more
- Anti Allergen complete seal technology + a HEPA filter. Traps 99.99Percent of dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Great for pet owners pet multi tool remove pet hair from stairs, furniture & more
Last update on 2020-03-29 PST - Details
Basically, the Shark NV800 and NV801 are the same with different shades. When you look at them, they literally look like twin, yet the NV800 comes with blue while the NV801 has Bordeaux. It is funny that Shark NV801 is much taller than the NV800, 46.1 and 32.7 inches. The taller it is, the more convenient you feel because you don’t have to bend much and it is good for your back too. In addition, both include LED lights on nozzle lights to illuminate areas which desperately need your cleaning attention. Lastly, they are equipped with powered Lift-away technology, a very famous feature of Shark. With this function, you can easily carry the machine around and even up and down stairs.
Shark NV801 is much lighter than the NV800, 15 and 21.4 pounds. In addition, Shark NV800 and NV801 are equipped with swivel steering feature which makes them highly maneuverable. Besides, their nozzle heads are equally a bit narrow and low-profile, which allows users to get to tight places, such as under low-profile furniture. To make thing easier, both Shark NV800 vs NV801 have wheels to lessen the weight, which makes it flexible for people to push the machines around. Especially, we have to take their lift-away mode into account. This functions comes in handy for their enhanced portability. The machines allow you to lift the canister away and deep clean hard-to-reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brushroll spinning.
The Cleaning Performance
Shark NV800 vs NV801 both belong to the NV800s series, which is pretty new and advanced. Through 2 sections above, you can see that they are a bit different, not like their appearance. The NV800 has some features which the NV801 doesn’t and vice versa. Yet, let’s see them in detail first before jumping into any conclusion.
The Shark NV801 has pet multi-tool, duster crevice tool, pet power brush, under-appliance wand and an accessory bag.
Shark NV800 comes with pet multi-tool, flexi crevice tool, pet power brush and duster crevice tool.
Because of being equipped with advanced technologies, both cost over $200. There is, of course, a small gap between Shark NV800 vs NV801.
If you like one of them, please click the following Amazon buttons to buy:
The NV800 receives hundreds of positive feedbacks on the Internet. People are satisfied with its performance. It showed fantastic result on lifting off and being able to go under the bed and furniture. Also, people left comments like “Incredible suction” under the comment section. However, its short cord is a pity.
Up to 85% of customers rate Shark NV801 5 stars, on Amazon. The customers were satisfied with its performance on hard surface floors. Some even commented the NV801 was better than Dyson products within the same price range. Nevertheless, a few complained about its heavy top.
Like their other siblings, both Shark NV800 vs NV801 can deal with multiple tasks. They are almost the same when it comes to technical features. There are just a few different details. Yet, I think it will be more convenient if you choose the taller and lighter one.