In many precious articles, I already pointed out lots of benefits of owning a vacuum cleaner nowadays. There is no doubt that vacuum cleaners can bring about much convenience and merits to the owners. They are time-, energy- and money saving. The problem is that there are way too many vacuum brands in this world. And, those brands have hundreds of products in hand, which makes customers face dilemmas while shopping for one. Therefore, a detailed article is a must if you are clueless of which cleaner to choose. Today, my main muses are from the Shark NV800s. With this vacuum line, you can expect many advanced technologies as well as good changes from Shark as compared to previous models.
This is not the first time I talked about Shark NV800 and NV803. If you want more selections, here are some for you: Shark NV200 vs NV800, Shark NV680 vs NV800, Shark NV771 vs NV803 and Shark NV801 vs NV803.
Shark NV800 vs NV803: Comparison And Review
The Shark has continually proved it is abreast with the constant technical improvements through its line of innovative products. Shark reinvents the brush roll of its previous Rotator models and you can see it in the NV800s. The name of the NV803 is Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-away upright vacuum. Meanwhile, the NV800 is a member of the “Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-away Speed” family. Models in the 800s are really similar. Although they come from the same vacuum line, each has its own pros and cons. As the newer version, the NV803 has a few changes. Today, we shall have a look at both of them in details. Those who interest in Shark NV800 and NV803 should take note.
- DuoClean technology features a bristle brush to deep clean carpets, and an additional soft brushroll to pull in larger particles and directly engage floors for a polished look.
- Powered Lift-Away Technology allows you to lift the canister away and deep clean hard-to-reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brushroll spinning.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter to trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- Pet Multi-Tool. Designed to capture embedded pet hair on all surfaces.
- Powerful LED headlights on the nozzle allow you to spot hidden debris throughout your home.
- Shark's compact Powered Lift-Away with DuoClean Technology - dual brushroll system, for unbelievable hard floor and carpet cleaning
- DuoClean Technology features a bristle brush to deep clean carpets, and an additional soft brushroll to pull in larger particles and directly engage floors for a polished look
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology + a HEPA filter Traps 999% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Fingertip Controls Easily Switch from Hard Floor to Carpet Mode Features Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter to trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Powerful LED headlights on nozzle Spot hidden debris throughout your home
Last update on 2019-09-18 PST - Details
Basically, the Shark NV800 vs NV803 are the same with different shades. They literally look like twin, yet the NV800 comes with blue while the NV803 has standard cinnamon. Funny that Shark NV803 is much taller than the NV800, 46.1 and 32.7 inches. The taller it is, the more convenient you feel because you don’t have to bend much and it is good for your back too. In addition, both include LED lights on nozzle lights to illuminate areas which desperately need your cleaning attention. Lastly, they are equipped with powered Lift-away technology. With this function, you can easily carry the machine around and even up and down stairs.
Shark NV803 is much lighter than the NV800, 15 and 21.4 pounds. In addition, Shark NV800 vs NV803 are equipped with swivel steering feature which makes them highly maneuverable. Besides, their nozzle heads are equally a bit narrow and low-profile, which allows users to get to tight places, such as under low-profile furniture. To make thing easier, both Shark NV800 vs NV803 have wheels to lessen the weight, which makes it flexible for people to push the machines around. Especially, we have to take their lift-away mode into account. This functions comes in handy for their enhanced portability. The machines allow you to lift the canister away and deep clean hard-to-reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brushroll spinning.
The Cleaning Performance
Shark NV800 and NV803 both belong to the NV800s series, which is pretty new and advanced. Through 2 sections above, you can see that they are not totally similar like their appearance. The NV800 has some features which the NV803 doesn’t and vice versa. Yet, let’s see them in detail first before jumping into any conclusion.
Shark NV803 has pet multi-tool, duster crevice tool. Pet power brush, under-appliance wand and accessory bag.
Shark NV800 comes with pet multi-tool, flexi crevice tool, pet power brush and duster crevice tool.
Because of being equipped with advanced technologies, both cost over $250. There is, of course, a gap between Shark NV800 and NV803.
The NV800 receives hundreds of positive feedbacks on the Internet. People are satisfied with its performance. It showed fantastic result on lifting off and being able to go under the bed and furniture. Also, people left comments like “Incredible suction” under the comment section. However, its short cord is a pity.
The NV803 is rated 4.4 out of 5 stars. Many people choose this vacuum over Dyson models. It showed great suction and amazing performance in getting rid of tough dust. This vacuum cleaner is able to perform on floors, carpets and area rugs. Yet, the NV803 is a bit heavy.
All in all, both Shark NV800 and NV803 can deal with multiple tasks. They are almost the same when it comes to technical features. Yet, the NV803 proves it is worth your extra money with lightweight design.